Dancing. It’s good for the soul, it’s good exercise, it’s bad for your knees, it builds your confidence, improves your co-ordination and helps you raise cash for charity. And so 16 of Horbury’s finest set out to fund raise for Breast Cancer Care and, more importantly, win the coveted ‘Let’s Dance’ trophy!
Horbury Academy hosted the dance competition at the beginning of March, which was an amazing night, raising over £15000 for a incredibly worthy cause. Huge congratulations to Joy and Richard who walked away with the trophy!
A massive thank you go to the dancers who gave it their all;
- Deb and Mick
- Jo and Tim
- Martina and Mark
- Shelly and Mark
- Kirstie and Liam
- Joy and Richard
- Gill and Steve
- Jo and Andy
Any event like this doesn’t just come together, so big ‘Thank you’s go to:
- The judges; Elaine Moorhouse (Head judge), Mary Creagh (MP for Wakefield), Councillor Janet Holmes and Richard Dennett (Chair of Governors at Horbury Academy)
- The dance tutors Liz and Jamie Young from Dance Addicks
- The Lawsons for the upcoming film
- To Victoria Farr for the dancers’ make-up
- To the Philips Hair Academy for the dancers’ hair
- And to Katy Stringer and all the Horbury Academy staff
And to MC Mike and the hostess with mostess Deb for keeping it all together!